Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Smothers Me Softly with Her Song



Dear California Cannabis Law Firm,

Good day to you and thanks for responding to my email.

My name is Jennifer Smothers  and my address is 2484 Spurlington Rd, Campbellsville KY,42718. On January 23rd, 2020, I lend Jonathan Cantwell who now resides in your jurisdiction the sum of $550.000.00 with 8.5% interest on two years fixed term and to pay back January 23rd, 2022. He had only paid me $150,000 but still owing $400,000.

We both used to live here in Kentucky at the time the loan was made, but He had now relocated to your jurisdiction ( Washington ). I was advised to seek legal assistance in my borrower's new jurisdiction which is why I contacted you to act as my counsel in retrieving these funds. There has not been any attorney working on this case. Different payment dates have been promised and I still have not received anything. My last contact with my Borrower, I was told I would receive payment no later than Mid July 2022 and till now, nothing has been paid.

Kindly let me know what your fees would be on a contingency basis in order for me to inform Mr. Jonathan Cantwell  to expect contact from you as you have been authorized to act on my behalf. On your approval, I would like to forward your details to him so He knows a law firm is representing me and I could sue for breach of agreement if He does not oblige to the terms of the loan agreement. I would like to give him this last chance to fulfill his obligations before we start legal proceedings if need be.

Please do get back to me so I can furnish you with the required details to contact my borrower on my behalf as I know He respects the law and wouldn't want to be litigated. Before we proceed, kindly forward your fee on a contingency basis / retainer agreement for my review and if satisfied with terms and conditions upon receipt; We shall immediately proceed.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation and understanding. Contact me should you require more information. I have attached here a copy of the Loan Agreement Promissory Note and proof of partial payment He made for your peruse. My borrower’s name is Jonathan Cantwell.

Regards,
Jennifer Smothers




Good Morning Best California Cannabis Attorney,

I was wondering if you received my last email containing a detailed chronological outline of what occurred, and attached a Promissory Note Agreement that we had. Kindly let me know if you are willing to take up this case as I have already advised him of my intention to retain a legal firm to litigate this issue if need be.  

I do not think this matter would result in litigation as he is not disputing the claim nor did he want to contest it. All I need is a reputable law firm like yours to act on my behalf as I am sick of his various excuses. He agreed to pay but kept giving me numerous excuses. Each time he notices I am about to seek legal counsel to sue for breach of the agreement we had, he always comes up with the notion that he wants to pay and the moment I cool off, he won’t come up with the payment.

Mr. Cantwell  and I used to be in a relationship, and we both used to live here in Kentucky. He later relocated to your jurisdiction after our relationship broke down due to some personal differences and views about life and family just a couple of months after the loan was released to him. I do not have his complete address at the moment but, I have asked him for his present physical full address, and as soon as I have that at my disposal, I shall at once forward it to you for a follow up. In the meantime, due to the urgency it desired in having my borrower {Mr. Cantwell  } reimburse me my due loan without further delays, send a letter of engagement for my review and if satisfied with the terms and conditions; I shall make immediate provision for the fee.

He needed this loan to complete an ongoing project he was handling. The loan was released based on trust which of course has been broken. He has sufficient income, means and assets to satisfy a judgment for the balance of the debt. He is well to do as a businessman but just wouldn’t want to come up with the balance on time as agreed. He owns properties here in Kentucky, Washington and also in Canada.

He emailed me agreeing to pay after I notified him of my intention to sue him for breach of the agreement we had. He had previously made several promises to come up with the payment and none he ever kept and that is the more reason I told him this time around, I am seeking legal counsel that will retrieve this funds from him and if need be, litigate him for breach of the agreement.

I am seeking counsel basically because it's taking much longer for him to come up with the settlement as agreed on the Promissory Note, and I know with counsel involvement, these funds would be released as soon as possible without going to court. After I notified him of my intention, he had already requested your firm contact details to enable him establish contact with you and set up an arrangement on how to remit the money he owed without delays or possible litigation.

Kindly Send a contract agreement for my review and if it meets my approval upon receipt; I shall make immediate provision for the fee.

Thanks as I look forward to receiving the fee/retainer agreement.

Regards
Ms Smothers.



2 comments:

  1. Hello You Cannabis Industry Expert

    Please the delay in sending the documents is becoming too much please kindly have the check deposit as my child needs urgent medical attention and I need this money to be able to attend to her health condition.

    Ms Smothers



    On Wednesday, 15 November 2023, WTF we are still talkining> wrote:
    Mr Cantwell,
    All perfectly reasonable. However, you are not my client. So I can’t take my attorney fees from you. By the way, at this point my fees are far below the 10k retainer. However, I am racking up some additional fees trying to work through this issue. At this point, I am just under 1000 dollars. So just 1/10 of what you have sent to me. So I will need to send 9,000 dollar back to you. I did offer my client to wire the current balance but they are really stressed and traveling. With her sick kids, we just need to get this done. So here is the deal, I am knee deep in a binge watch of bay watch with a stop watch.

    So, in order to move this forward, I need you to sign an notarize the form that Shay sent you. Send it back to me, as soon as possible, and I will deposit the checks. Or, if you prefer, you can chat up Ms. Smothers and see if she would prefer to send my current balance in a check. But I can’t take your funds in my IOLTA account without getting one of these two things done.

    On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 6:06 PM Jonathan Cantwell wrote:
    Good after Weed Lawyer.

    I have received an email from Ms Smother regarding the retainer fee that I sent along with the partial payment I sent to your law firm. As I have stated in the letter I sent along with the check, the reason I had to send the fee was because it was established in our agreement that I would be responsible for the legal fee on demand as stated under default. Please kindly have the check processed as she said she is in an urgent need of the funds. I am writing this to let you know why I decided to send the fee. I shall send the balance of the funds as soon as possible. I again apologise for the delay in the remittance of the funds owed to her.

    Jonathan

    On Tue, 14 Nov 2023 at 13:28, I feel like this is not the best use of my time, wrote:
    Shay,
    Can you send a PDF of the 3rd party Payor legal document to Jonathan with a notary section?

    On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 8:33 PM Jonathan Cantwell wrote:
    Thank you. Please send the documents.

    On Tue, 14 Nov 2023 at 11:30, And the band played on:
    Hey Jonathan,
    We are trying to make sure we are following certain rules, and in particular, rules regarding depositing funds in our IOLTA account. In order for us to accept funds from 3rd parties that are paying on behalf of our clients we need to have certain signed agreements. It appears you are agreeing to pay the fees for Jennifer Smothers. If that is the case, we need you to sign a "3rd Party Payor" and have it notarized. Let me know if this is correct and whether I have this correct. I have Cc'd Jennifer on this email.

    If you are in agreement, Shay will send a PDF for you to get signed and notarized.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Please kindly confirm if the checks has finally been deposited and I am in need of the funds to enable me offset my child's medical bills.

    Thank you.
    Ms Smothers

    On Monday, 13 November 2023, Best Lawyer You'' Ever Know wrote:
    I totally understand. I have a super sick cat that has super bad diarrhea. I have been so stressed out. I will get the check deposited tomorrow morning. Ms. Best Assistant Ever will see to it personally. If you have any advice on sick cats with diarrhea, I would welcome it. My condo looks like a Pollock painting and I am just a bit overwhelmed. At this point, I would consider the situation fluid.

    On Sun, Nov 12, 2023 at 6:38 PM jennifer smothers wrote:
    Thanks for your email. If you followed up my email from the beginning I have already informed You Amazing Legal Assistant That my borrower Mr Cantwell is not disputing the fact that he is not owing me it's just the delay that I am not comfortable with.

    I also informed him that a reputable law firm like yours was already involved in this matter and he said he don't want to be litigated and he requested that I immediately have your firm contact details sent so he can establish contact with you and that was why he immediately responded by sending the partial payment as well as the retainer fee as we have already agreed on the promissory note. Also be informed that I don't think he has any counsel because I had already told him to get ready to be litigated and he said he dont have any counsel working for him and he is afraid of being litigated because of his personality. He is one who dont want his name spoiled. Please give him this last chance as he said he would be sending the balance of the funds, from the letter he sent he said he was briefly out of town.

    I request that you kindly have the check deposited as I am in need of the funds to enable me off-set my child medical bills which has become a major concern

    Ms Smother



    On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 at 10:23, Most Interesting Lawyer Ever> wrote:
    So you had already asked him to send me my retainer as well?

    In any case, we are going to need him to sign and notarize a 3rd Party Payor agreement. Do you know if he has counsel?

    On Sun, Nov 12, 2023 at 6:21 PM jennifer smothers wrote:
    Good day You cannabis King

    Thanks for your email as well as the update on receipt of the checks. Please be informed that my borrower Mr Cantwell has to make payment for the requested retainer fee because we already had an agreement on the promissory note under default.Should the Borrower not make full payment within 10 days of demand, this Note may be turned over for collection and the Borrower agrees to pay all reasonable legal fees and collection charges to the extent permissible by law, in addition to other amounts due.Please kindly review the promissory note again under default as stated below:

    Default:

    Should the Borrower not make full payment within 10 days of demand, this Note may be turned over for collection and the Borrower agrees to pay all reasonable legal fees and collection charges to the extent permissible by law, in addition to other amounts due.

    Please kindly have the check deposited and let me know when the funds become available.

    Thank you

    Ms Smothers

    Hey Jennifer,
    I am a bit confused. Your retainer check showed up. But in the same envelope, your settlement check showed up. Why would they show up in the same envelope? I presume the settlement came from opposing counsel. But why would that same person also pay your retainer fee? This is a logistical nightmare. We can fix it but I need more information.

    Jenny, who can I turn to?
    You give me something to hold on to
    I know you think I am like the ones before…


    From: jennifer smothers

    Date: Mon,
    Subject: Re: Top Law Firm - Follow Up
    To:

    ReplyDelete