Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Set Lasers to Phish


Dave Scott davescott0020@gmail.com

Hello [Attorney's Name],

Thanks for your email. I am selling my 2013 Star S4 IR Excimer Laser to a buyer residing in your state. I will need your skilled legal counsel to help me draft the sale agreement for the transaction from contract preparation through closing. The above mentioned 2013 Star S4 IR Excimer Laser has a sales price of $500,000.  This includes the insurance cost, shipping and handling cost. Attached are required details of the equipment for your review.

Timing -Sale will be finalized once both parties have signed the sales agreement and full payment made.
Shipping - Buyer will take responsibility of shipping cost and also risk of damage.
Method of payment, and whether a deposit will be paid. This is a cash transaction. No Financing
No warranties. Equipment is sold AS IS', but a satisfactory inspection will be done and an appraisal issued by the inspection company.
Buyer will handle all taxation Buyer wants the agreement to be governed by the laws of their state.
Buyer will take responsibility of shipping cost and risk of damage.

Details of the buyer are:

[Place Local Hospital Here]

Please advise on your rate, retainer fee and forward to me your retainer agreement for perusal of your terms of representation.
Thanks for your attention. I look forward to your reply.



Dave Scott
Chief Operating Officer
Verb Surgical
2450 Bayshore Pkwy,
Mountain View, CA 94043
(650) 574-0539

3 comments:

  1. Hello Laura,

    Thanks for your email. The contract I need help drafting is for the sale of a Star S4 IR Excimer Laser.
    Let me know if you handle such transaction and I will be happy to email a brief summary of the transaction for review.




    Dave Scott
    Chief Operating Officer
    Verb Surgical
    2450 Bayshore Pkwy,
    Mountain View, CA 94043
    (650) 574-0539

    ReplyDelete
  2. I consider myself fairly astute at spotting these fakes, but this one had me at least digging in a little. First contact with me was from Best Lawyers. Many of those referrals tend to be fake. I did follow up with "Mr. Scott" and told him that because of the issues relating to fraud coming out of these referral sites, I needed some additional information. He wrote back with the following:

    Thanks for your email. The contract I need help drafting is for the sale of a Star S4 IR Excimer Laser. Let me know if you handle such transaction and I will be happy to email a brief summary of the transaction for review.

    Keys to me--his e-mail was a yahoo address and not a company address. No phone number on the website, but lots of leadership that did not include our Mr. Scott. Website was shallow, but nicely done. Is the company for real and just Mr. Scott that is a fake? Anyway, I'm glad I came across the email posted by Aaron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Just got this email!

    ReplyDelete