Monday, March 26, 2012

Stephany's Lawyer

Stephany Kiyoshi

I sent you the request to know if you can represent me to enforce a contract agreement between my ex husband and I. I am currently in South Korea for an assignment. Please see attachment for scanned copy of the divorce decree and agreement. I tried calling a couple of times and with the time difference (+13hrs EST) it is a little bit difficult to gauge the best time to reach you. We were divorced in Japan but my ex husband Wayne Kiyoshi relocated to the United States precisely (Your City and State here) which is in your jurisdiction. He is a citizen. This is the reason why I contacted you as there is already an agreement in place. I am pretty sure that my ex husband will avoid litigation and want to settle amicably once he finds out that I am retaining your firm to help enforce/collect payment and in the event of default, litigate. My ex husband has the mean to pay for balance he owes me and I know for sure that he has assets in (Your City and State here). 

 We had an out of court agreement (Out of court settlement) for him to pay $496,500 plus legal fees. He has only paid me $183,500 since when he was in Japan and later relocated to the United States without paying the balance $313,000 he owes me.

I am hereby seeking your firm’s assistance in collecting the balance from him. He has agreed already to pay me the balance but it is my belief that a Law firm like yours is needed to help me collect/enforce payment from my ex-husband or litigate this matter if he fails to pay as promised.

I expect this to be resolved in a timely manner. Sequel to this, I await the retainer agreement and mode of remitting payment for the retainer.

 Yours truly,
Ms. Kiyoshi

1 comment:

  1. Litigation!

    I need a Business/Commercial litigation lawyer who handles collection issues. A referral would be welcomed if this is not your area of practice.